Thursday, December 31, 2009

Workout partner, Zen is not.

Nope, not a good workout partner. I usually run in the mornings, its something I do by myself that gives me time to think and keeps me healthy. Well, I'm a weenie about cold weather, and I was still running until it dropped below freezing at night. I think I ran once last week and once the week before because of cold. When you slack off because of a "good reason" its never easy to motivate yourself to get back out there. I recruited my mom to fix the treadmill, but it is still sitting in the front room broken and unused. I was beginning to feel bad about not exercising so I got a workout DVD and I was trying to do it this morning. A certain *ahem* puppy thought my workout looked fun as well. I made it most of the way through until it got to the part where you lay on the floor to do core exercises. Well, Zen was going to lay on me and strategically shove toys into my face. So, I cut the workout short today and now I know, he must be in the crate before I can attempt it again.

I never took him in to get weighed yesterday. We drove by the vet, but they closed for lunch and I had shopping to do and I just never made it back into that part of town. I will schedule his shots for later next week. I want him to have another good experience at the vet's office before going in to get shots. I will take him up there Monday or Wednesday and play on their scale.

So, what did Zen do yesterday? Well since it was half-day, I let him sit in the car while I was at work. Then he rode with me to the store and waited in the car while I shopped. He sat in the car while I got a hair cut then went to Harley's. Harley and Dustin and Mollie checked out my car and confirmed it is the catalytic converter, so they followed me to drop it by the muffler shop. Zen rode with Mollie and Dustin. The first car ride with people he barely knows. They said he spent most of his time licking the food smell off the passenger seat. Apparently Dustin spilled some food there recently and Zen thought it smelled good.

We did some training last night. Mostly working on the down command. Also his first session learning a hand touch. I guess I need to start naming things so he can really catch on to associating words with behaviors.

This morning he ate his breakfast out of the Bob-a-lot

No comments:

Post a Comment