Saturday, February 27, 2010

Plans? What Plans?

YAY For weekends where I don't have anything to do!

We had a nice 1.5 hr hike today. Rumor wore a backpack because I didn't feel like throwing any frisbees or balls. I had it weighted with partially filled water bottles. They all had fun. Even sans toys.

Actually, they played more *with* each other today!

hike1
Shot of the Day.

Zen says "Uhh, are you playing with me or should I be scared?"
Rumor says "Savor this moment, pup."

hike2
The wee man isn't so wee anymore! Is it just me or is he starting to grow into those ears?

I did some shaping tonight. I took video, but I think that can wait. Zen got to work on heel position, both right and left side. He worked on picking up a piece of PVC pipe. I'm trying to shape a "hold". It's going ok so far.

He ran through his tricks with my mom. The only two fully on command are "sit" and "down" everything else he needs help with. He shapes behaviors so easily, but isn't catching on to the command itself like I want him to. I think I try to do too much. I should work one thing at a time until he gets it down fully.

All three dogs did the "bounce" command.

Trying to teach Rumor a stop isn't coming easy. It's such a vague thing to shape, and I'm having a real problem. So we just do a few then take a break with something more fun and less challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment