Tuesday, February 2, 2010

RIP Sunshine

I had to put my cat down today. She was 16 yrs old and has been in kidney failure for some time. A good friend of mine had her cat die recently from not eating/drinking. April's death made me rethink Sunshine's quality of life. She was drinking water non-stop and rarely eating. She hasn't been grooming herself lately and doesn't always make it to the litter box. It was time. I said goodbye to her today at the vet's office. It was sad, and I shed a few tears, but I know she is no longer suffering.

Sunshine7
That's her about 6 yrs ago. RIP Sunshine.


Zen came with me as he needed his last set of shots. I was glad to have him there. You can't cry too hard when you have a puppy. He weighs about 28 lbs. He is going to be huge. Someone said for a medium sized dog, double their weight at 4 months and that's about what they will weigh when full grown. I'm looking at a possibly 60 lb dog. I was hoping he'd be around 50lbs. Deidra and I measured him with her wicket over the weekend and he was like 16-16.5 inches tall. Maybe I need to quit feeding him so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment