Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hello, stress!

Oh. My. Gosh. I have been so busy lately. I truly hate this time of year. I don't much care for the holidays, then all of the first of the year stuff is stressful, add to it my grandfather's death, family obligations, car trouble, college, and a puppy. Wow. I just feel like I need a breather.

So you guys had to hear me rant for a bit before talking about Zen.

Zen has had diarrhea since Sunday afternoon. I wasn't worried at first, but then when I withheld food Sunday evening, and again Monday morning and he was STILL pooping, I started to worry. I really wanted Harley to take him to the vet for me Monday, but he said he thought it would be best to wait and let Zen's stomach settle some more and then take him Tuesday if necessary. I was giving him Imodium and kaolin-pectin that is supposed to help with diarrhea. Well he threw up in the car and so I thought, great, it could be an obstruction. I went ahead and fed him dinner, as he was still drinking and acting completely normal. He ate fine, played with the girls for 30 or so minutes and then went with us on a half-mile walk. He had a little more diarrhea after dinner, but it was looking better than it had been. This morning he ate fine, no more throwing up, but he did have some diarrhea. I took him in to the vet and they did two fecals because they could not find anything wrong. Dr Old listened to his bowels and felt his tummy and said since he is still eating he doesn't think there is an obstruction, but to bring him in ASAP if he refuses food. He sent me home with wormer and flagyl to rule out giardia.

I started Zen on some digestive enzymes to see if that helps. Maybe he just has a sensitive tummy.

I also scheduled Carrie an appointment for this Thursday. She has another lump on her stomach, that doesn't feel good. She had mammary cancer removed once before from a similar location, so I'm pretty worried about how that will turn out. Poor girl, she has the worst luck with health issues. I also really hate having to put her under, but I bet they are going to want to remove and biopsy this lump.

I had some issues with my classes this morning, since they didn't want me to pay the day I registered, they knocked me out of my classes and I had to re-register this morning. It's all fixed now, but I didn't get to go to my first day of classes because of it.

Here is the latest video. Zen figured out how to jump on the bed last night! Sorry I didn't feel like editing my voice out, as well as all the barking.



Does that look like a sick puppy to you? This is what he was acting like last night and this morning. Happy as can be. Also, he gained 1.8 lbs in a week!!! It had only been a week since his last vet visit and he really gained 1.8 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment