Tuesday, March 9, 2010

5 Month Birthday!

Really? Really?! My little guy is 5 months old? He's growing up so fast!

Zen got quite the 5 months birthday gift. He got obedience lessons courtesy of the Kennel Club of Texarkana! Well, it just so happened that his first night of class landed on such a special day.

He did so well. He already knows all of the commands that they are going to be teaching in class, but its extra socialization and better distractions. He was able to do everything he knows in class. He got to heel, sit, down, and stand. The socializing part was pretty fun. They had us switch dogs with someone else in the class. I honestly thought Zen wouldn't do well with this. He's *such* a momma's boy. I told the girl who took him to show him a treat and walk off. He totally went with her and I saw him doing tricks for her. He wasn't so sure why she was trying to lure him into a down, but he did it. I got to spend some time with Mack, the boxer. He was a bit worried about class, so we just sat there and chilled. He did sit for me, but he was a little too nervous to take treats.

After that we did more heeling then we all sat in a circle and "passed the puppy" Zen loved everyone. He was great. Again. I was surprised he wasn't trying to get back to me, but he really had a good time.

After class Judy and Brenda wanted to work some conformation so Zen and I joined in. He's doing SO much better with only a very few lessons. He was getting really tired by the end, so we called it quits.

Everyone went on a two hour hike today, so we are going to bed early. I will try to get pictures up soon, but I have A&PII photos that need to be labeled and studied before I edit my "for fun" photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment