Monday, November 27, 2017

Chores

Reese got to do some chore work last night, which means she also got some training in. Some driving, going into tight corners, and pen work.

We checked ewes for worming, all of them looked pretty good, my three skinnies were late lambers last year. All eyelids looked nice and pink.

The ewes are more of a challenge to work as they are really flighty. Reese did really well over all, she got pushy a few times, usually after I've made her do something difficulty for her. Her flanks from a stop were tighter than I'd like, something to work on.




There is a 4 day NADAC trial over the New Years holiday and I'm debating on brushing Zen up to go have some fun. His skills are all there, I really just need to do some jump conditioning for him and get him on the contact equipment a little. If I get the time and motivation to work on it I'll work Reese some, she may be ready to try a tunnelers course, just to get her out and see what kind of challenges we will have. NADAC is my all time favorite for starting new dogs, laid back and flowing courses, the trials are usually smaller and quieter than AKC, or USDAA.

Reese has a lot of the ground work, I just haven't put it all together. She doesn't have weaves or contacts yet. Of course, I wouldn't put her in a situation she's not ready for, so we will see. I'm just tossing the idea about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment