Friday, April 22, 2016

Settling In

Reese is really settling in and it's making it easier to get to know her personality and work with her.


She's a much more willing participant now that she's getting our routine now. She's a pretty quick learner, offering behaviors quite easily now. She's starting to get pivoting on an object.


She's been here 5 days and I have dremeled her nails twice. The first time she struggled a bit and wouldn't take treats. Last night she layed on her back in my lap and ate canned dog food after each foot was done. Success! I'll continue to do her nails weekly, or twice weekly, (or however often I need to). First of all, to keep her nails short, second, to keep her accustomed to having it done.


I have lots of video I hope to process this weekend of her training sessions.


Toy play is going well and getting more intense. She's loving the tug. Right now she likes the rubber milk inflation toys and I have a cowhide bite bar on a string that she likes a lot. She will play with just about anything, but those two are favorites.


Loves stuffed kongs and she gets a frozen recreational bone at bedtime.


Crate training is coming along and the past two nights she waited patiently for me to get her up rather than her getting us up. YAY!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment