Monday, April 22, 2013

Foundation Training and Surgery

Zen went for surgery this morning. I dropped him off at 8 and I'll pick him up when they call me. Hoping for a smooth transition to crate rest/leash walking and an easy recovery. Here's a short video of him yesterday. He wanted to train so bad.




Gus is doing awesome! His retrieve is coming along. Probably still going to be a while before he's really into it, but he's progressing well. He's running through the fully opened channel weaves right now and doing well. I've got to start making entries harder and adding in some movement elements on my part. I want to take it slow, but not so slow that progressing becomes hard. I need to add in tunnel, go back on our cik/cap and really get that going. I think he's going to LOVE flatwork because he enjoys running with me. So yeah, more of that too, and then introducing jumps and two on/two off. Seems like a TON.

It's different adopting a grown dog vs a puppy. You aren't waiting for them to develop before starting anything, its all just... ready when you are.

Anyway, VIDEO!








And Rumor. Working open channels. Making progress. Her entries are crap. She will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment