Friday, January 18, 2013

More Goals and Events

Alright, alright, alright. So I figured "Operation: Calm" wouldn't last long. hehe

I DO however, have some other goals for the dogs.

Zen and I have been working out a trial routine and we are getting better. I get him out of the van, potty him, then tug a bit. Then we enter the building and start doing tricks for treats. Spins, sit up, dance, leg weaves, heeling. This all keeps him focused and moving, then we enter the ring. So far, it's been working much better. After the run he gets a couple of treats then outside to tug and fetch and walk to cool down.

Gus has been doing some clicker work at home. Also some toy play. I really want to develop his toy drive a bit more. I'm just glad he has any right now since we got him as an older (almost adult) puppy. He catches on to the clicker stuff pretty fast, but he does so many cute things I have barely any finished behaviors.

Rumor, gah, Rumor. I need to stimulate her mind and really just, *do* something with her.

I have been working all of them on the exercise ball. I finally bought a peanut and it works much better than the big round ball. I need to work them a little more often. I also want to try the Crate Games DVD again with all three dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment